We do not issue email accounts anymore
since there is a problem with people not signing into them often,
which leaves them open for hacking. These accounts need to be signed
into Monthly, but better weekly. The web hosting company is
closing accounts that are not active enough. So, we do not
issue new accounts.
USING YOUR ACCOUNT
For web access to your
account sign in at right or goto
http://mail.chinapost1.org/ You must enter the full email address in the USERID field (ex- firstname.lastname@example.org),
and of course the password. Once you have successfully logged in
you can change your password, apply mail filters, etc.
THIS USED TO BE
For POP3 access from your
POP3 = pop.readyhosting.com
SMTP = smtp.readyhosting.com
Also, for enhanced security,
it is now required that you use server authentication. Your account
will not work in viewers without it as this is required by the server.
How to set this up specific to your mail viewer is outlined below.
Outlook and Outlook Express
To configure authenticated SMTP in Outlook Express:
1. From the Tools menu, select "Accounts..."
2. Highlight your Mail account (it may be called mail.chinapost1.org).
3. Click the "Properties" button on the right side.
4. Choose the "Servers" tab.
5. Check the box next to "My server requires authentication."
6. Click the "Apply" button.
7. Click the "OK" button.
To configure authenticated SMTP in Netscape Messenger:
1. From the Edit menu, select "Preferences..."
2. Click the plus (+) icon next to "Mail & Newsgroups."
3. Choose "Mail Servers."
4. In the "Outgoing mail server user name" field enter Username
5. Click the OK button.
To configure authenticated SMTP in Eudora:
1. From the Tools menu, Select "Options..."
2. Click on the the "Sending Mail" icon.
3. Check the box next to "Allow authentication."
4. Click the OK button.